
Soccer
Wesley and Lorran have a duel as ex-Flamengo players in Italy - check it out
31 Ago 2025 | 10:48
Soccer
13 Jul 2023 | 15:02 |
This Wednesday (12) the former defender of Vasco, Rodrigo, went to 'Charla Podcast' and commented on his career. But the former player was also asked what he thinks of Gabigol and Pedro, Flamengo players.
The former defender is known for playing in Série B with Vasco da Gama and for being responsible for the fall of Ponte Preta , in the last year of his career. Rodrigo got laughs by teasing Gabigol. The Vasco player belittled Gabriel's football and said that the number 10 would not be able to play against him.
“His little arm wouldn't go up (celebration). The bug catches, dad. But not Gabigol, Gabriel, right? So what does he do? He leaves the area, takes the ball and crosses the second stick. He just does that, he turns a winger, goes and crosses in the area. This is Gabriel's game. When he is having difficulties he goes out and touches the ball. Penalty goal, but he misses the goal a lot, with me it would be difficult”, he said.
He also commented on striker Pedro and said that he is more of a player than Gabigol. “I think Pedro would have more difficulty, because he's fast and knows how to play from the back. Today there are no strikers like that, it's difficult to have a number 9 like that. He knows how to play the ball, he knows how to play a good game within what he has to do. But he is a much more dangerous guy than Gabigol”, said Rodrigo.
The former defender had a brief spell at Rubro Negro in 2008, but always let his bitterness towards Flamengo show through. The player was hired from Dynamo Kiev (UC) and was seen as a great signing, but he was Ronaldo Angelim's bench and only played three games out of the first five of the Carioca Championship. After being injured, the player terminated with Rubro Negro and went to São Paulo to play the rest of the season.
Mengão hosts Tricolor this Sunday (31) for the 22nd round of the Brazilian Championship and seeks victory to maintain its lead in the table
31 Ago 2025 | 12:32 |
Flamengo will have at least one change in the starting lineup to face Grêmio , this Sunday (31), at 4 pm (Brasília time), at Maracanã, for the 22nd round of the Brazilian Championship. Without Alex Sandro, who is recovering from an injury to his left calf, the place on the side will go to Ayrton Lucas .
In midfield, Jorginho's condition is a concern. The midfielder is experiencing muscle discomfort and has not participated in training with the rest of the group throughout the week . He continues to perform specific activities at Ninho do Urubu and will be re-evaluated this Saturday during Filipe Luís's final training session before the match.
Since his Club World Cup debut, Jorginho has become a key player in the red-and-black squad. If he isn't cleared by the medical department, Allan and Evertton Araújo appear as the most likely options, while De La Cruz is a potential outsider. Pulgar remains out of the plans due to surgery on his right foot.
With the confirmed absences and the doubt about the presence of the Italian , coach Filipe Luís should send to the field a Flamengo with: Rossi; Varela, Léo Ortiz (Danilo), Léo Pereira and Ayrton Lucas; Allan (Jorginho), Saúl and Arrascaeta; Plata, Samuel Lino and Pedro.
Rubro-Negro heads into the 22nd round as the sole leader of the Brasileirão, with 46 points , two ahead of second-place Cruzeiro, who still have a game in hand. After the match against Grêmio, the competition will be suspended for 13 days due to the FIFA International Day.
The midfielder arrived at the Russian team in the current transfer window after paying the release clause to Mengão, but his name is already linked to another team.
31 Ago 2025 | 12:20 |
Just under two months after leaving Flamengo for Zenit (RUS), midfielder Gerson could change clubs again . According to journalist Fabrizio Romano, Al Ittihad (SAU) has begun talks to try to sign the player, who is considered a priority in the final stretch of the Saudi Arabian transfer window.
In July, Zenit paid €25 million (approximately R$160 million) to pay Gerson's release clause. Flamengo therefore did not participate in negotiations, only releasing the player after the full payment of the contract clause. So far, no agreement has been reached. The Saudi club is trying to convince the Russians to release the player , who was recently signed for a multi-million dollar fee.
On July 4, the club published an official statement confirming the departure of the then captain, highlighting that the decision came from the athlete himself, who submitted a resignation and unilateral termination request , paid by the Russians, without having any negotiation with Mais Querido.
On social media, Flamengo was direct and thanked the midfielder for the time he defended Manto: "Clube de Regatas do Flamengo announces the end of the contract with the athlete Gerson . The Mais Querido thanks him for the time he defended Manto and wishes the player good luck."
Upon returning to the club, Gerson played 144 matches, scored 12 goals, and won four titles . He also took on the captain's armband and established himself as one of the team's key leaders. At Zenit, however, the midfielder has only played six games so far.
Mengão hosts Tricolor at Maracanã for the 22nd round of the Brazilian Championship and will have news for fans this Sunday afternoon (31)
31 Ago 2025 | 11:11 |
Flamengo will have an important novelty on the field this Sunday (31), when it faces Grêmio in the 22nd round of the Brasileirão . The club will now display the name of Betano, the new master sponsor of the Manto Sagrado, in the center of its uniform .
Until then, the sports betting company had already signed a contract with Rubro-Negro, but the shirt was only being used with the phrase “A Nação Confia” , in reference to the agreement that had not yet been officially activated.
The partnership between Flamengo and Betano runs until 2028 and provides for R$268.5 million per season. With bonuses included for winning titles and achieving goals, the contract could reach R$1 billion over the life of the contract .
In addition to the uniform display, the company is preparing a grand celebration at Maracanã Stadium to mark the official start of the partnership. 3D mosaics are planned in the stands and a concert by singer Alexandre Pires , promising a special atmosphere for the brand's debut at Manto Sagrado.
Flamengo returns to the field this Sunday (31), at 4 pm (Brasília time), against Grêmio, at Maracanã. The match will be broadcast on Rede Globo, on open TV (except for São Paulo), and on Premiere , on pay-per-view.
Wesley and Lorran have a duel as ex-Flamengo players in Italy - check it out
31 Ago 2025 | 10:48
Will Flamengo vs. Grêmio be broadcast on Globo? Where to watch the Brasileirão
31 Ago 2025 | 09:11
Grêmio will have important absences against Flamengo in the Brasileirão
31 Ago 2025 | 08:57