Soccer

Casagrande gives the recipe for Pedro to return to playing for Flamengo

Commentator believes the player's situation with coach Filipe Luís at Mengão is easy to resolve and suggests ways forward

Casagrande says Pedro's situation at Flamengo is not critical and points to a solution for the moment - Photo: Gilvan de Souza/Flamengo
Casagrande says Pedro's situation at Flamengo is not critical and points to a solution for the moment - Photo: Gilvan de Souza/Flamengo

16 Jul 2025 | 16:10 |

Icon Comentário0

Out of the list of players related to the game against Santos , this Wednesday (16), Pedro was once again a topic at Flamengo. Commentator and former player Walter Casagrande commented on the striker's moment and evaluated the reasons that continue to keep the number 9 away from the team. For him, Pedro has not yet had enough time to reverse the bad impression left in training.


Casagrande on Pedro at Flamengo: "It's a very easy situation to resolve"


" Pedro isn't back in the team, why? Because there was a problem last week with a lack of commitment . The team played on Saturday, Sunday was a day off, he showed up on Monday, and he had a little training session on Tuesday. There wasn't time to change his situation," Casagrande explained.


With a busy schedule in the second half of the year—with games every three days—the commentator understands that Pedro will have few opportunities to show improvement. Therefore, he believes the striker needs to excel even in the simplest activities, such as the traditional "bobinho" sessions. "Now it's Wednesday and Sunday, with no time to train. So, even if it's a light, relaxing workout, he needs to show commitment, desire, and that he's interested, " he added.

CASAGRANDE DENIES CRISIS AT FLAMENGO


Despite the repercussions of the case involving Pedro and coach Filipe Luís, Casagrande doesn't see the episode as a crisis for the club. For him, the situation is simple and can be resolved through direct dialogue between player and coach. "I don't see any crisis. It's a very easy situation to resolve. Pedro can't leave for any team right now. We just need to talk to the coach and resolve it ."

ZENIT WOULD HAVE MADE AN OFFER FOR PEDRO

Even with limited space at Flamengo , Pedro still attracts interest in the international market. According to recent reports, Zenit, from Russia, has reportedly signaled a €15 million offer to the Flamengo club —the figure mentioned in the leaked messages that sparked the current standoff between the player and management.



Soccer

Saúl celebrates his good form at Flamengo and praises his midfield teammate: "Great level"

The Spaniard has been at Mengão for just over a month and is already consolidating his position as a starter, praising Jorginho and highlighting the quality of the red-black squad.

Saúl Ñíguez celebrates his quick adaptation at Flamengo, praises his partnership with Jorginho and reinforces the quality of the red-black squad - photo: reproduction
Saúl Ñíguez celebrates his quick adaptation at Flamengo, praises his partnership with Jorginho and reinforces the quality of the red-black squad - photo: reproduction

29 Ago 2025 | 15:51 |

Icon Comentário0

Saúl Ñíguez has been playing for Flamengo for just over a month and has already established himself as a key player in coach Filipe Luís's scheme. In just six matches, the Spaniard has attracted attention not only for his individual technique but also for his synergy with Jorginho in midfield.


During an interview at Ninho do Urubu on Friday (29), the player spoke about adapting to and experiencing the intensity of Brazilian football. “ When you know a player, you know their qualities, how they move on the field , and what the coach asks of them. The level of the team helps them perform at their best, and the team's collaborative approach also helps them adapt. The demands and quality are very high. The group is so good that it helps,” he declared.


HALF PRAISES JORGINHO


When asked about his partnership with Jorginho, Saúl was blunt: " Jorginho is a great player, he understands football perfectly. But also Allan, Evertton, Vitinho (Victor Hugo) and many other players who can play in the middle are of a great level," he said before concluding.

" Nico, who is returning from injury, is looking for rhythm. His skill is very high, despite the games I played with Jorginho in the middle. But we won't always be able to count on Jorginho, we have to value all our teammates," concluded the midfielder.


NEXT APPOINTMENT

With Saúl available, Flamengo arrives in high spirits for the 22nd round of the Brasileirão. After the impressive 8-0 victory against Vitória, at Maracanã, the team led by Filipe Luís returns to the field against Grêmio, next Sunday (30).


Soccer

Midfielder feels pain in his thigh and may be out for Flamengo against Grêmio

After a historic 8-0 win over Vitória, Filipe Luís' team faces Grêmio at Maracanã in a decisive duel in the 22nd round of the Brazilian Championship

Flamengo faces Grêmio at Maracanã to defend its lead in the Brasileirão after a historic 8-0 rout - photo: reproduction
Flamengo faces Grêmio at Maracanã to defend its lead in the Brasileirão after a historic 8-0 rout - photo: reproduction

29 Ago 2025 | 15:28 |

Icon Comentário0

Flamengo heads into the 22nd round of the Brasileirão in high spirits. After a resounding 8-0 victory over Vitória at Maracanã , Filipe Luís's team has 46 points and leads the competition in isolation.


The next challenge takes place again at Maracanã, this Sunday (31), at 4 pm (Brasília time), against Grêmio . And the Flamengo team will do its last training session during the morning of this Saturday (29), for the confrontation.


JORGINHO FEELS DISCOMFORT


One of the season's standouts, Italian-Brazilian Jorginho, is a concern after experiencing thigh pain during the week. The player, a key midfielder, only performed indoor activities at the training center's gym.

Still, he's expected to be available for the match against Grêmio. If he needs to be rested, Filipe Luís could opt to rest him, but the coaching staff considers the midfielder's presence likely. Alongside Saúl and Arrascaeta, the player has formed one of the most consistent trios in Brazilian football.


FLAMENGO CONTINUES IN GOOD PHASE

Since taking over the team, Filipe Luís has maintained a high level of intensity that has resulted in important victories and consistent performance in the tournament. The rout over Vitória confirmed the team's momentum, and over 60,000 fans are expected at Maracanã.


Soccer

Atlético-MG dreams of two former Flamengo coaches for the rest of the season

The Minas Gerais team is looking for a new coach after Cuca's departure and is considering Tite and Jorge Sampaoli, both of whom have played for Mengão, as the main options.

Atlético-MG defines Tite and Jorge Sampaoli as main options after Cuca's departure in the Copa do Brasil - photo: reproduction
Atlético-MG defines Tite and Jorge Sampaoli as main options after Cuca's departure in the Copa do Brasil - photo: reproduction

29 Ago 2025 | 15:09 |

Icon Comentário0

Atlético-MG is undergoing changes following their elimination to Cruzeiro in the Copa do Brasil. The 2-0 home defeat led to the departure of coach Cuca, and the board is already working on a search for a new manager . According to ESPN Brasil, two former Flamengo coaches are emerging as favorites behind the scenes: Tite and Jorge Sampaoli.


Among those considered, Sampaoli has shown interest in returning to Galo. The Argentine closely followed the Minas Gerais classic last Wednesday (27), evaluated the squad and would be willing to resume the position without requiring immediate reinforcements.


TITE AND JORGE SAMPAOLI HAD PASSAGES


Jorge Sampaoli managed Flamengo in 2023, during which time he led the team in 39 matches, achieving 20 wins. However, he suffered early eliminations, including relegation from the Copa Libertadores, as well as a runner-up finish in the Copa do Brasil and a subpar performance in the Brasileirão.

Tite subsequently took over after the Argentine's departure. The coach from Rio Grande do Sul led the team to 68 games, winning 41 and winning the 2024 Campeonato Carioca . Despite winning the state title, his tenure ended after a disappointing Libertadores campaign, leaving him with the reins of Filipe Luís.


FLAMENGO UNDER THE COMMAND OF FILIPE LUÍS

While Atlético-MG is looking for a new coach, Mengão maintains its positive streak under the command of Filipe Luís. The team applied a historic 8-0 thrashing to Vitória, at Maracanã, last Monday (25) , and remains isolated at the top of the Brasileirão. In the next round, Flamengo faces Grêmio on Sunday (31), at 4 pm (Brasília time), also at Maracanã, for the 22nd round of the national competition.


envelope SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

envelopeSUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER


Flamengo agrees to sell striker to Dynamo Kyiv
Soccer

Flamengo agrees to sell striker to Dynamo Kyiv

29 Ago 2025 | 14:05

Icon Comentário0
Andreas Pereira signs with Palmeiras and deletes Flamengo photos from social media
Soccer

Andreas Pereira signs with Palmeiras and deletes Flamengo photos from social media

29 Ago 2025 | 13:21

Icon Comentário0
Paquetá is once again being speculated at Flamengo after BAP talks about reinforcements
Soccer

Paquetá is once again being speculated at Flamengo after BAP talks about reinforcements

29 Ago 2025 | 12:33

Icon Comentário0