Famous

Jojo Todynho announces that he will not parade for Mocidade Independente at the 2025 Carnival

The singer highlighted the reasons that will leave her out of the event

Jojo Todynho announces that he will not parade at Carnival 2025 (Reproduction/ Instagram)
Jojo Todynho announces that he will not parade at Carnival 2025 (Reproduction/ Instagram)

05 Nov 2024 | 10:54 |

Icon Comentário0

The singer Jojo Todynho announced last Monday (4) that she will not parade at Carnival until 2025. The artist , who was scheduled to be featured in Mocidade Independente de Padre Miguel, shared with followers that the decision was motivated by a scheduled surgery.


In a video published on Instagram, Jojoexplained that he plans to do a "leg lift" during the Carnival period. Furthermore, she also highlights that she intends to take advantage of the time to travel and celebrate her birthday with her grandmother before undergoing the procedure.


"I'm not going to parade next year because I still don't know if I'm going to have surgery or not. And who decides whether I'm going to parade or not are the patron and the school. In fact, he already knew that I wouldn't parade because I had already told him the day I met him on the day of the samba performance", she said, which was part of a dispute with a plot for the school for Carnival 2025.


Jojo, who has already paraded for Beija-Flor and returned to Mocidade, clarified that the absence is for health reasons and personal commitments. This year, she participated in the school's samba competition, but her composition did not advance.

Even without the singer In the parade, Mocidade Independente de Padre Miguel continues with the preparations. The school has not yet confirmed whether anyone will replace the influencer in the prominent position.




Famous

Understand the entire scenario of the confusion between Tainá Castro and Léo Pereira, Flamengo defender

Defender denies delays in child support payments, criticizes false information and confirms that all payments are duly proven in court

Léo Pereira refutes reports about his pension, says he is up to date with his obligations and promises legal action - photo: reproduction
Léo Pereira refutes reports about his pension, says he is up to date with his obligations and promises legal action - photo: reproduction

28 Ago 2025 | 20:59 |

Icon Comentário0

Flamengo defender Léo Pereira spoke out this Thursday (28) after news reports circulated that alleged a delay in the payment of child support for his two children with his ex-wife, Tainá Castro. In an official statement signed by his lawyers, the player categorically denied any outstanding payments and criticized the dissemination of false information.


According to the Leo Dias website, the athlete was reportedly notified by a court official due to his default, in addition to appearing at a hearing for family matters. Léo Pereira, however, denied the first part of the information, confirming only that the hearing took place, the content of which cannot be revealed, as the proceedings are under judicial secrecy.


OFFICIAL NOTE FROM LAWYERS REINFORCES


In their public statement, the defender's legal representatives were firm in stating that the athlete has never failed to fulfill his responsibilities to his children, Matteo and Helena. " The athlete Léo Pereira participated in a family court hearing today. As the proceedings are confidential, further details cannot be released. In light of the false reports published, the athlete reiterates that he is up to date with all his obligations to his children and has never defaulted on their child support payments," the statement reads.

The lawyers also emphasized that all obligations are documented and proven in court. "All payments have been duly made and proven in court. The information disclosed is not true. The athlete reaffirms his commitment to transparency and warns that any false publication that affects his honor or that of his family will be subject to appropriate legal action," the statement added.


DEFENDER MAINTAINS PREPARATION

While dealing with legal issues, Léo Pereira continues to work normally with the Flamengo squad. The next challenge will be against Grêmio, on Sunday (31), at 4 pm (Brasília time), at Maracanã, for the 23rd round of the Brazilian Championship. The defender should be available to the coaching staff for the match.


Famous

Arlindo Cruz, samba icon and fanatical Flamengo fan, dies at 66

Iconic singer of Rio music and supporter of Mais Querido, master of partido-alto and founder of Cacique de Ramos, passed away this Friday

Arlindo Cruz, master of samba and passionate Flamengo fan, leaves an immense legacy in Brazilian music and the culture of Rio de Janeiro - photo: reproduction
Arlindo Cruz, master of samba and passionate Flamengo fan, leaves an immense legacy in Brazilian music and the culture of Rio de Janeiro - photo: reproduction

08 Ago 2025 | 15:48 |

Icon Comentário0

Samba lost one of its greatest references this Friday (8): Arlindo Cruz passed away at the age of 66 in Rio de Janeiro. Recognized for his vast work with 795 registered compositions, the samba singer marked generations with hits such as “Saudade Louca” and “Boto Meu Povo na Rua” . Born in Madureira, the birthplace of Rio samba, Arlindo was also a passionate Flamengo fan.


His retirement from the stage occurred after suffering a stroke in 2017, which impacted his career and health. Family members confirmed his death, without disclosing the official cause, but emphasized the artist's cultural legacy and his love for soccer, especially for the "Mais Querido" (Most Beloved). The wake will be open to the Rio de Janeiro community.


MUSICAL TRAJECTORY AND CONTRIBUTIONS TO SAMBA


The son of Arlindão, who had meetings with samba artists like Candeia at home, Arlindo Cruz immersed himself in the musical world from an early age. At 17, he began his professional career as a cavaquinho player on Candeia's 1975 album "Roda de Samba." Over time, he became known for his mastery of the banjo, an instrument he helped popularize in samba and which became his trademark.

A central figure in the founding of the Cacique de Ramos samba circle, the musician rubbed shoulders with greats such as Zeca Pagodinho and Jorge Aragão. With Fundo de Quintal, a legendary samba group, he recorded 10 albums that helped cement the genre . From the 1990s onward, he developed a solo career with successful albums such as "Arlindinho" (1993) and important collaborations with producer Sombrinha.


ROOTS IN MADUREIRA AND A PASSION FOR FLAMENGO

Madureira, a neighborhood that forged its cultural and musical identity, was the setting for compositions that celebrated everyday life, street smarts, and the richness of Rio's samba. A strong connection to Flamengo was present in his daily life: Arlindo frequented the Maracanã stadium, participated in club events, and received tributes on special occasions , cementing his status as a Flamengo icon.


Famous

Milton Nascimento sues Cruzeiro over former Flamengo player Gabigol's announcement

The club is accused of using "Clube da Esquina nº 2" without authorization in the advertisement for the number 9, in a video published on social media in January 2025

Milton Nascimento and composers sue Cruzeiro for unauthorized use of music in the advertisement for Gabigol, ex-Flamengo - photo: reproduction
Milton Nascimento and composers sue Cruzeiro for unauthorized use of music in the advertisement for Gabigol, ex-Flamengo - photo: reproduction

04 Ago 2025 | 14:00 |

Icon Comentário0

Singer Milton Nascimento and record label Sony Music filed a lawsuit against Cruzeiro Esporte Clube, alleging the improper use of the song "Clube da Esquina nº 2". The work, written by Milton, Lô Borges and Márcio Borges , was allegedly used without authorization in a video posted on the club's social media in January 2025, during the announcement of Gabigol's signing from Flamengo.


According to information published by the newspaper O Globo, the video was produced and released by Cruzeiro without the proper authorization of the artists involved in the song's creation . Sony Music , which represents the copyright of the work, is seeking compensation for material damages, while Milton Nascimento and the Borges brothers are seeking compensation for moral damages.


FINE AMOUNT


The court order stipulates a sum of R$50,000 for each of the songwriters involved . Despite the good relationship between the artist and the Minas Gerais club in the recent past, the lawsuit remains ongoing due to the dispute between the parties.

In 2022, after announcing his retirement from the stage at the age of 80, Milton Nascimento was honored by Cruzeiro at a concert held at the Mineirão stadium in Belo Horizonte. On the occasion, the singer received a personalized jersey from the team and a letter describing him as " Cruzeiro's international ambassador ."


ABSENCE OF AUTHORIZATION

The lawsuit highlights the importance of respecting copyright when using musical works, especially in advertising materials and highly visible social media content . Despite the history of tributes, the composers claim that the lack of formal consent for the use of the song violates their rights and compromises the recognition of the intellectual property involved.



envelope SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

envelopeSUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER


João Fonseca becomes the 10th highest-ranked Brazilian in ATP history
Famous

João Fonseca becomes the 10th highest-ranked Brazilian in ATP history

24 Jul 2025 | 15:58

Icon Comentário0
Oruam's fiancée talks about Marcinho VP's opinion on the rapper's arrest
Famous

Oruam's fiancée talks about Marcinho VP's opinion on the rapper's arrest

24 Jul 2025 | 16:02

Icon Comentário0
Belo's girlfriend opens up after Gracyanne Barbosa said she wants to get back together
Famous

Belo's girlfriend opens up after Gracyanne Barbosa said she wants to get back together

24 Jul 2025 | 15:47

Icon Comentário0