Soccer

Probable lineup: Flamengo will make changes to face Grêmio

Without Alex Sandro, who is injured, Ayrton Lucas should start at left-back, while Jorginho is still in doubt for the 22nd round of the Brazilian Championship

Flamengo will have Ayrton Lucas as a starter on the wing against Grêmio, while Jorginho remains doubtful in the midfield - photo: reproduction
Flamengo will have Ayrton Lucas as a starter on the wing against Grêmio, while Jorginho remains doubtful in the midfield - photo: reproduction

30 Ago 2025 | 10:23 |

Icon Comentário0

Flamengo will enter the field this Sunday (1), at 4 pm (Brasília time) , at Maracanã, against Grêmio, for the 22nd round of the Brazilian Championship, with at least one confirmed change. Without Alex Sandro, who is recovering from injury, Ayrton Lucas should take over the starting position at left back.


Coach Filipe Luís 's main concern is in midfield. Defensive midfielder Jorginho, a key player since the Club World Cup debut, experienced muscle discomfort and did not train with the squad this week . He continues individual training at Ninho do Urubu and will be re-evaluated this Saturday, the final training session before the match.


If he isn't cleared by the medical department, the top options to fill his spot are Allan and Evertton Araújo , with De la Cruz a potential outsider. Chilean Pulgar remains sidelined and is unfit to play.


PROBABLE LINEUP

The likely Flamengo formation that coach Filipe Luís should field in the match against Grêmio is: Rossi; Varela, Léo Ortiz, Léo Pereira and Ayrton Lucas; Allan (Jorginho), Saúl and Arrascaeta; Plata, Samuel Lino and Pedro.


BREAK IN THE BRAZILIAN CHAMPIONSHIP

The Brasileirão's undisputed leader, Rubro-Negro, has 46 points, four more than second-place Palmeiras, who have a game in hand. After this round, the competition will be suspended for 13 days due to the FIFA International Day.


Soccer

Varela admits that Tite's model at Flamengo almost removed him from the Uruguayan national team

The full-back didn't have many opportunities with the coach, who asked him to do a role that made his life with Marcelo Bielsa difficult.

Varela says that Tite's time at Flamengo almost removed him from the Uruguayan national team due to his playing style - Photo: Reproduction/Flamengo
Varela says that Tite's time at Flamengo almost removed him from the Uruguayan national team due to his playing style - Photo: Reproduction/Flamengo

30 Ago 2025 | 10:40 |

Icon Comentário0

Guillermo Varela played in his first Copa América last year, but narrowly avoided being left out of coach Marcelo Bielsa's squad. The full-back, who recently renewed his contract with Flamengo , revealed that the Uruguayan national team coach considered leaving him out due to his playing style under Tite.


Varela on Tite at Flamengo: "He prioritized defense, he didn't let me pass"


"I almost missed the Copa América. One of the reasons was that the other coach who was here (at Flamengo , Tite) prioritized defense, not letting me play on the outside, leaving our winger one-on-one. And Marcelo (Bielsa) told me: 'You're not attacking, and I need full-backs who attack. And if you don't do what makes me happiest in a full-back, why are you going to play? '" the player said in an interview with the Uruguayan Football Federation.


The No. 2 also celebrated the change of scenery with Filipe Luís in charge. "That's what he asked of me. The idea of the current coach (Filipe Luís), who lets me do what I like, I prefer attacking a thousand times over defending , I'm like this and I believe that today we are all happy," he added.

URUGUAYAN BACK EXPERIENCES A NEW, MORE OFFENSIVE PHASE


Since arriving at Flamengo in 2022, Varela had made few offensive appearances. Until the end of last year, the full-back hadn't even provided an assist. The situation changed in 2025. In 38 matches this season, the Uruguayan has five decisive assists. The most recent came last Monday (25), when he delivered a precise cross for Samuel Lino's header , cementing his most prominent phase in attack.

VARELA SHOULD BE THE STARTER AGAINST GRÊMIO

Wesley's departure to Roma has opened up space for Varela to gain more playing time. Despite the signing of Emerson Royal, the Uruguayan remains the starting right-back. Therefore, Varela is expected to start this Sunday (31), when Flamengo hosts Grêmio at Maracanã, in the 22nd round of the Brasileirão. The match is scheduled for 4 pm (Brasília time).


Soccer

Andreas signs with Palmeiras and takes a dig at Flamengo: "Greatest champion..."

The 29-year-old midfielder signs a contract valid until 2028 after negotiations with Fulham, the player erased memories of the period in which he played for Mais Querido

Former Flamengo player Andreas Pereira is announced by Palmeiras with a contract until 2028 after agreeing a €10 million deal - photo: reproduction
Former Flamengo player Andreas Pereira is announced by Palmeiras with a contract until 2028 after agreeing a €10 million deal - photo: reproduction

30 Ago 2025 | 10:08 |

Icon Comentário0

Palmeiras confirmed this Friday (29) the signing of midfielder Andreas Pereira, 29 years old . The player signed a contract until December 2028 and will become a reinforcement for the squad led by Abel Ferreira for the rest of the season.


The transfer was agreed for €10 million (approximately R$63 million). The payment will be made in installments over four years, an agreement accepted by Fulham, the English club that held the player's rights. "Now I'm in a relationship with Brazil's greatest champion," Andreas declared in his first statement after the deal was official.


PLAYER PASSED TESTS


Before traveling, Andreas underwent medical examinations while still in England. He is expected to arrive in São Paulo in the coming days to join the Alviverde squad and begin work at the training center.

The midfielder made his debut in Brazilian football in 2021, when he played on loan at Mais Querido from Manchester United. Despite his strong performances, his time there was marked by a mistake that resulted in Palmeiras' second goal in the 2021 Copa Libertadores final, which the Alviverde team won 2-1 over the Rubro-Negro.


ANDREAS DELETES REFERENCES TO FLA

After the official announcement of his arrival at Palmeiras, Andreas drew attention for his social media stance. The player deleted the highlight he had on his profile about his time at Flamengo . Many fans interpreted the gesture as a definitive end to that cycle.


Soccer

Former Flamengo player Paquetá could become a new astronomical negotiation in the Premier League

Midfielder unlikely to stay at West Ham after cleared of sports betting charges, but likely to remain in English football

Paquetá, ex-Flamengo, remains one of the main names in the market in the last days of the window - Photo: Reproduction/West Ham
Paquetá, ex-Flamengo, remains one of the main names in the market in the last days of the window - Photo: Reproduction/West Ham

30 Ago 2025 | 09:40 |

Icon Comentário0

The Premier League transfer window closes next Monday (1st) and one of the most talked about names is Lucas Paquetá , revealed by Flamengo. After being cleared of gambling charges, the West Ham midfielder has once again attracted interest from English clubs. The player is having a great start to the season, with two goals in three appearances for the Hammers . According to journalist Cahê Mota, Aston Villa, Tottenham and Everton are monitoring the number 10's situation.


VALUE SET BY WEST HAM


West Ham has no intention of facilitating Paquetá's exit and has stipulated that it will only negotiate for a minimum of £50 million (R$367 million). Although a transfer is considered unlikely, behind-the-scenes talks are ongoing. Among those interested, Aston Villa appears to be the most willing to formalize an offer . Tottenham, which led the race ten days ago, has cooled its interest after investing R$379 million in the signing of Dutchman Xavi Simons from RB Leipzig.


HIGHLIGHT ON THE FIELD

Despite West Ham's poor start to the Premier League season, with three defeats, Paquetá has stood out. He scored against Chelsea and Wolverhampton Wanderers, and has actively participated in the team's attacking plays. This strong performance, combined with his acquittal by the English FA a month ago, has put the midfielder back in the spotlight . As a result, coach Carlo Ancelotti has called him up for Brazil's upcoming 2026 World Cup qualifiers against Chile and Bolivia.


RETURN TO FLAMENGO IS RULED OUT

The current situation is very different from a year ago. During the Copa América, Flamengo attempted to repatriate Paquetá, offering €15 million and assuming the risk of a possible suspension . However, the offer was immediately rejected by West Ham. With the acquittal and the market value of the player, any chance of a return to Brazil has been practically ruled out. According to Cahê Mota, both his career planning and the amount of money involved rule out a return to the Mais Querido at this time.

DECISION ON THE WAY

Before the window closes, Paquetá will still take to the field for West Ham. The team faces Nottingham Forest this Sunday (31) . Immediately after the match, the player will travel to Rio de Janeiro, where he will report to the national team on Monday (1st) — the day on which his future in English football will also be decided.


envelope SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

envelopeSUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER


Pay up! Internacional is convicted of debt to Flamengo by Thiago Maia
Soccer

Pay up! Internacional is convicted of debt to Flamengo by Thiago Maia

30 Ago 2025 | 08:41

Icon Comentário0
Brasileirão: Globo defines broadcast team for Flamengo x Grêmio
Soccer

Brasileirão: Globo defines broadcast team for Flamengo x Grêmio

30 Ago 2025 | 08:29

Icon Comentário0
Victor Hugo to Santos? Flamengo makes decision on negotiations
Soccer

Victor Hugo to Santos? Flamengo makes decision on negotiations

30 Ago 2025 | 08:22

Icon Comentário0