
Soccer
Renewed! Gerson agrees to extend his contract with Flamengo, but the signing will have to wait
Soccer
|
Gonzalo Plata was integrated into Flamengo's squad this past Saturday (31). Upon arriving at CT Ninho do Urubu, the attacker visited the facilities and had his first contact with Tite, who had an unusual reaction when he saw the new number 45.
“How are you? All good? Are you remembering me? I remember him, I said “get him”, and he ‘wup vup’ (gesturing with his arm, as if Plata was very fast on the field). Welcome, okay?”, said Tite, in a video released by 'FlaTV' this Saturday (31).
CHECK OUT THE VIDEO:
See this photo on Instagram
On this occasion, Tite and Plata have already faced each other twice and, in both cases, Ecuador and Brazil drew. in the 2021 Copa América, held in Brazil. At the Pedro Ludovico Olympic Stadium, in Goiânia, Éder Militão opened the score, but Ángel Mena equalized.
The following year, Plata shone against Brazil at the Casa Stadium. Blanca, in Quito, the winger took a corner, and Félix Torres scored with a header. In the confrontation, the striker gave Alex Sandro, Flamengo's new full-back, trouble.
DEBUT DATE
Because Gonzalo Plata was only announced late last Friday afternoon (30), Flamengo was unable to register the attacker in time with the CBF BID. Therefore, the player will only debut for Mais Querido after the FIFA Date, against. Vasco, on September 15th, for the Brasileirão.
Military Police reject Cruz-Maltino's request for the game to be held at the stadium, with or without a single crowd; Board will evaluate next steps
|
The classic between Vasco and Flamengo will not be at São Januário . In an official statement, this Thursday (3), the Specialized Battalion for Policing in Stadiums (BEPE) refused the request of Cruz-Maltino for the game to be at the stadium. The entity, after all, alleges "security risks on the perimeter and inside the sports square" .
The decision was made based on the unit's strategic analyses that point to security risks.
"The SEPM Press Office informs that the command of the Specialized Battalion for Policing in Stadiums (BEPE) opposed the request of the Clube de Regatas Vasco da Gama for the next classic between Vasco and Flamengo, scheduled for April 19, to be held at the São Januário Stadium. The decision was made based on the unit's strategic analyses that point to security risks on the perimeter and inside the sports arena in games of this nature" , says the statement.
Now, Vasco needs to decide where to host the classic match on April 19th. The CBF regulations prohibit the match from being transferred to another state, since the request for this must be made at least 20 days in advance. In addition, Nilton Santos will host a musical event on the same day and will not be able to host the match. A likely location would be Raulino de Oliveira, in Volta Redonda .
LAST MEETING BETWEEN THE TEAMS AT CRUZMALTINO STADIUM
It is worth remembering that the last match between the teams at São Januário, in 2017, ended in chaos. Flamengo won the match 1-0, and Vasco fans threw bombs and objects at the red-and-black players, who were unable to access the tunnel. There was also an attempt to invade the field and a confrontation with the Military Police.
Since then, the only derby at the stadium took place in 2020 without the presence of fans. The Cruzmaltino adopted the same stance in the Campeonato Carioca, when it took the first game of the semifinal to Engenhão, which Mais Querido won 1-0.
Even with absences, the red-black coach takes to the field the same base that faced Internacional at Maracanã, for the Brasileirão
|
Deportivo Táchira and Flamengo make their debut in the Conmebol Libertadores this Thursday, in the first round of Group C. The teams face each other at 9:30 pm (Brasília time), at the Polideportivo de Pueblo Nuevo Stadium, in San Cristóbal, Venezuela.
To this end, Fla released the official lineup of the red-black team, defined by coach Filipe Luís.
Lineup: Rossi; Varela, Leo Ortiz, Leo Pereira, Ayrton Lucas; Pulgar, De la Cruz; Luiz Araujo, Cebolinha, Bruno Henrique and Michael.
Out: Arrascaeta (right thigh), Danilo (right thigh), Viña (right knee), Gerson (pain in left thigh), Pedro (physical reconditioning), Plata (fatigue, pharyngitis and fever), Wesley (physical exhaustion and myalgia).
The former player evaluates the main candidates for the title of the South American competition and places Flamengo among the great competitors for the 2025 title
|
Now, in the Libertadores, Flamengo and Racing. I was surprised with Racing.”, replied Denílson.