
Soccer
02 Set 2024 | 14:50 |
The Flamengo suffered another setback in the Brazilian Championship. Last Sunday (1), Mais Querido was defeated by Corinthians 2-1 in Itaquera. With this, it was expected that coach Tite would explain the result in São Paulo and the red-black team's low-competitive stance. However, with the presence of physical trainer Fábio Mahseredjian, the focus of the questions turned to the numerous injured players on the Rio team.
The situation was seen by the journalist Mauro Cezar Pereira as precisely an attempt to take the spotlight over the poor performance and focus only on the players who are out after a heavy sequence of games in August. On Uol's Posse de Bola program, Mauro Cezar classified the red-and-black press office as “astute” for managing to change the focus.
“Congratulations to Flamengo's press office, which was very astute . He took Fábio Mahseredjian to talk about a subject he needed for a long time at a press conference about injuries and the physical part and he made it clear that they will continue to happen, that was my understanding of what he said, precisely on the day that Flamengo made a inexcusable match”, said the journalist.
In Mauro Cezar's view, coach Tite had to give explanations about the team's stance after the defeat with performance below expectations, he criticized the coach's choices during the match and the team's attitude on the field.
“The questions focused on the coach, and little on Flamengo's ridiculous performance that Tite had to explain and didn't explain, he kept talking about the calendar and other matters. He was wasting time when he had to explain this team behavior. But the team, even having opted for a more offensive stance in the second half, didn't attack, didn't create anything. After conceding a goal, Flamengo didn't pose any danger”, he concluded.
Mais Querido's next match will only be on September 12th, a Thursday, against Bahia, in the return game of the quarter-finals of the Copa do Brasil, at Maracanã. Flamengo won the first match 1-0 at Casa de Apostas Arena Fonte Nova and has the advantage for the duel.
The number 10 of the Most Beloved received a gift at Ninho do Urubu after reaching 78 assists in the Brazilian Championship, surpassing historic names such as Pelé and Zico
29 Ago 2025 | 17:56 |
In addition to the youngsters revealed at the base, Uruguayan Giorgian De Arrascaeta was also honored this Friday (29) at Ninho do Urubu. The midfielder reached a historic mark by becoming the player with the most assists in the history of the Brazilian Championship, surpassing established idols of national football.
Currently with 78 assists, the number 10 surpassed stars like Marcelinho Carioca, Edmundo, Dudu, Pelé, Zico, and Éverton Ribeiro. For this achievement, he received a commemorative plaque from football director José Boto, in recognition of his career and impact on Brazilian football. Of his total, 60 assists were for Cruzeiro , while another 18 were recorded for Cruzeiro between 2015 and 2018.
This season, Arrascaeta has played 41 matches, scored 16 goals, and provided 13 assists. Since joining the Rio de Janeiro club, only in 2021 has he failed to reach double figures in both goals and assists. So far, he has 102 assists in all competitions for the red-and-black team.
Flamengo has resumed negotiations with midfielder Giorgian de Arrascaeta to extend his contract, currently valid until December 2026. The club intends to ensure the continuity of one of the most decisive athletes in the squad , a central piece in recent achievements.
The next commitment will be this Sunday (1), at 4 pm, against Grêmio, at Maracanã , for the 22nd round of the Brasileirão. The Uruguayan will have another opportunity to further increase the numbers that already place him in the history of the tournament and reinforce his weight in the Mengão squad.
After being cleared of misconduct charges by the English FA, the midfielder has once again attracted interest in the European market. West Ham's millionaire value
29 Ago 2025 | 17:40 |
Tottenham, Crystal Palace, and Manchester City are monitoring the situation of Lucas Paquetá, a West Ham standout and highly valued player in English football. The move comes shortly after the player was acquitted of misconduct charges involving sports betting.
The London club, however, has no intention of facilitating the midfielder's departure and has set a price of £60 to £70 million to release him . This figure is considered out of reach for most clubs at the moment, which could hinder any concrete approach.
At the start of the current season, Paquetá was offered a transfer to Flamengo through his representatives. At the time, West Ham was asking for around £30 million, but negotiations stalled due to the ongoing legal process . Today, the situation is different, as the player has established himself as one of the key players in the English squad.
A possible return to Rio de Janeiro football could have been considered in a different context, but the club has already strengthened its squad with Samuel Lino, Samu, and Emerson Royal, which reduces the immediate need to invest in another midfielder . Even so, it's not ruled out that there may be room for a rapprochement at some point in the future.
Despite the obstacles, the desire of both parties remains alive. Paquetá has expressed his affection and desire to wear the red-and-black jersey again on other occasions , while the club also dreams of having the athlete back. For now, it's a distant possibility, but not ruled out.
Uruguayan number 10 wants salary increase and contract until 2028, while the red-black board proposes extension until 2027 with adjustment
29 Ago 2025 | 17:29 |
Flamengo has resumed negotiations with midfielder Giorgian de Arrascaeta to extend his contract, currently valid until December 2026. The club intends to secure the continued presence of one of the squad's most decisive players , a key player in recent successes. The initial information was released by the GE website.
In initial talks, Arrascaeta expressed a desire for financial advancement and a contract until the end of 2028 , with the possibility of adjustments to the contract duration. Meanwhile, Rubro-Negro proposed extending the agreement for just one more season, until 2027, along with a salary adjustment.
The process, which was interrupted, surprised the Uruguayan. Internally, the board had planned to resolve the number 10's future immediately after his participation in the Club World Cup, but the way the negotiations were conducted prevented a quick conclusion . Some behind the scenes believe that the new management does not intend to make any major efforts to retain the player after his current contract expires.
Since arriving in 2019, Arrascaeta has played over 300 matches for the red-and-black team, becoming a technical reference for the Mais Querido . During this time, he won 18 titles, including two Copa Libertadores and two Copa do Brasil , and played a decisive role in several historic campaigns.
With Arrascaeta available, Flamengo arrives in high spirits for the 22nd round of the Brasileirão . After the impressive 8-0 victory against Vitória, at Maracanã, the team led by Filipe Luís returns to the field against Grêmio, next Sunday (30).