Soccer

Video: Former Flamengo player Alcaraz scores a great goal for Everton and celebrates 'winger' CR7

Argentine midfielder scores a great goal in the English League Cup for the English team during the English League Cup; the player had a brief stint at Mengão

With a short stint at Flamengo, Carlos Alcaraz stands out for Everton with a great goal in the English League Cup - photo: reproduction
With a short stint at Flamengo, Carlos Alcaraz stands out for Everton with a great goal in the English League Cup - photo: reproduction

28 Ago 2025 | 15:03 |

Icon Comentário0

Former Flamengo player Carlos Alcaraz was one of Everton's protagonists in the 2-0 victory over Mansfield, from the English third division, this Wednesday (27), in the third phase of the English League Cup. The Argentine midfielder scored a beautiful goal from outside the area and celebrated in the style of Cristiano Ronaldo , showing confidence in his new club.


Signed in July 2024 by Flamengo , Alcaraz was the most expensive reinforcement in the history of Rubro-Negro at the time, with an investment of 20 million dollars (R$ 110 million at the exchange rate of August 28, 2024). For Mais Querido, the Argentine played 19 official matches, scoring three goals and providing two assists , leaving his mark despite his short stint at Mengão .


TROUBLED EXIT AND OUTBURST


The midfielder made no secret of his dissatisfaction with the way his departure from Flamengo was reported. In an exclusive interview with ESPN, he dismissed the reports circulating about his transfer as "lies" and emphasized that he wanted to remain at the Rio de Janeiro club.

" I just have to say that everything they said about me is a lie. That's all I have to say. They said a lot of things about me. Filipe (Luís), (José) Boto, and I know why I decided to leave. That's all! Let people rest assured. I really wanted to stay at Flamengo, I wanted to stay because I know what a player I am. They tried to turn people against me," Alcaraz said.


The Argentine added: " After they said they couldn't find the position, I obviously didn't like it. I'm a player and I can adapt to any position," reinforcing that he would have been willing to play in different areas of the field had he remained at Mengão.

CHECK OUT THE GOAL


Soccer

CBF defines referee for Flamengo x Grêmio, for the Brasileirão

The 35-year-old referee from Minas Gerais has already registered more than 360 infractions in 12 Serie A matches and tends to chop up games, although he issues cards within the national average.

Flamengo vs Grêmio will be refereed by Paulo Zanovelli, a referee with a high average number of fouls in the Brasileirão - photo: reproduction
Flamengo vs Grêmio will be refereed by Paulo Zanovelli, a referee with a high average number of fouls in the Brasileirão - photo: reproduction

28 Ago 2025 | 18:26 |

Icon Comentário0

The clash between Flamengo and Grêmio , scheduled for this Sunday (31), at 4 pm, at Maracanã, for the Brazilian Championship, will be conducted by Paulo Zanovelli . The 35-year-old referee from Minas Gerais is refereeing a game for the Mais Querido for the second time this season . In the first opportunity, against Mirassol, his performance generated criticism due to the excessive stoppages.


In that match, 36 fouls were called, 23 committed by the Red-Blacks and 13 by the opponents. The referee's style worries fans and experts, as the match could lose intensity and effective ball play.


PAULO ZANOVELLI'S ARBITRATION STYLE


The numbers confirm the trend. In 12 Brasileirão 2025 matches, Zanovelli called 362 fouls, an average of 30.17 fouls per match. This rate is considered high, especially compared to the Premier League , where the average is around 20 fouls per game.

Despite this, the issuing of cards hasn't kept pace with the same intensity. The referee has handed out 54 yellow cards so far, resulting in an average of 4.5 warnings per game , within the national league standard.


EXPECTATION OF A FULL HOUSE

Maracanã is preparing for a big party next Sunday (30). With all tickets sold out, the expectation is for more than 60 thousand people present at the stadium . The Nation will be in force after the great 8-0 victory over the victory in the last round.


Soccer

Grêmio announces player speculated at Flamengo before traveling to Rio

The newly announced midfielder is training at CT Luiz Carvalho, but still needs to regain match rhythm and regularity before his official debut for Tricolor.

Arthur begins training at Grêmio, but will not face Flamengo in the Brasileirão; his debut is expected to take place in September - photo: reproduction
Arthur begins training at Grêmio, but will not face Flamengo in the Brasileirão; his debut is expected to take place in September - photo: reproduction

28 Ago 2025 | 18:12 |

Icon Comentário0

Grêmio continued its work this Thursday (28) with an eye on the match against Flamengo, scheduled for Sunday (31), at 4 pm, at Maracanã, for the Brazilian Championship. The activity was attended by Arthur, officially announced as a tricolor reinforcement on the same day.


The players participated in training sessions focused on physical conditioning , as well as exercises on a reduced field with a focus on tactics. The squad will also have two more training sessions before the trip to Rio de Janeiro, scheduled for Saturday afternoon (30).


ARTHUR TRAINS WITH THE CAST


Although already integrated into the activities led by Mano Menezes, Arthur is not expected to play at Maracanã. The midfielder has not played since May, when he was still playing for Girona in Spain , and needs to regain competitive rhythm.

Furthermore, his registration for the CBF's Daily Information Bulletin (BID) has not yet been completed , which makes it impossible for him to play against the Mais Querido in this round of the Brasileirão. Therefore, the player will likely miss Sunday's game.


EXPECTED RE-PREMIERE DATE

Arthur is expected to return to the Tricolor jersey after the FIFA break. His debut is expected to take place on September 13th, against Mirassol, at 4 pm, at Arena do Grêmio in Porto Alegre . The match will be part of the Brazilian Championship and should mark the player's official return to the club that developed him.


Soccer

Flamengo vs Grêmio will have a Betano debut party and the return of Jovem Fla at Maracanã

The Brasileirão clash marks the first game of the Mais Querido's new partnership and will also feature the official return of another organized fan group.

Betano's debut in the uniform and the return of Torcida Jovem promise a special atmosphere at Maracanã in Flamengo x Grêmio - photo: reproduction
Betano's debut in the uniform and the return of Torcida Jovem promise a special atmosphere at Maracanã in Flamengo x Grêmio - photo: reproduction

28 Ago 2025 | 17:47 |

Icon Comentário0

The clash between Flamengo and Grêmio, this Sunday (31), at 4 pm, at Maracanã, will be special for the red-black fans. In addition to its importance in the Brazilian Championship table, the match marks the beginning of the partnership between the Rio de Janeiro club and Betano, the new master sponsor , in a contract valid until the end of 2028.


"Through our partnership with Betano, we'll intensify this synergy between Flamengo and its fans," said Guilherme Figueiredo, the company's commercial director in Brazil. He also emphasized that the debut will be accompanied by special actions starting with this first game: " Now we're part of this, and we want the Flamengo fans' experience to be truly special. The first major example will be this Sunday, in the Brasileirão."


RETURN OF THE YOUNG FANS


Another highlight of the game will be the official return of Torcida Jovem to the stadium . The organized group had been away from the stands since March 2023 due to a suspension, and will once again be able to support the team from the Maracanã stands.

In a statement posted on Instagram, the uniformed player thanked the club's president, Luiz Eduardo Baptista (BAP), for his commitment to facilitating the group's return. The statement also highlighted BAP's work in leading the Mais Querido, praising his attitude toward the fans and his management of institutional issues.


EXPECTATION OF A FULL HOUSE

With the return of Torcida Jovem and the debut of the new partnership on the uniform, Maracanã is expected to welcome a large crowd. All tickets have already sold out, and an attendance of over 60,000 is expected.

SOUZA CAVEIRÃO MAKES SPECIAL INVITATION



envelope SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

envelopeSUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER


After exchanging messages with Flamengo, Paquetá publishes an enigmatic message
Soccer

After exchanging messages with Flamengo, Paquetá publishes an enigmatic message

28 Ago 2025 | 17:15

Icon Comentário0
Flamengo makes decision on loaning Victor Hugo to Santos
Soccer

Flamengo makes decision on loaning Victor Hugo to Santos

28 Ago 2025 | 14:46

Icon Comentário0
Down! Flamengo releases multi-champion youth player for European football
Soccer

Down! Flamengo releases multi-champion youth player for European football

28 Ago 2025 | 14:29

Icon Comentário0