Logotipo Gazeta do Urubu
en
Soccer

GOVERNOR OF RIO GUARANTEES SUPPORT FOR FLAMENGO IN STADIUM CONSTRUCTION

Present at Maracanã to watch Flamengo x Bahia, Cláudio Castro spoke about the club's interest in building a new stadium

reproduction
reproduction

  |

Icon Comentário0

The Governor of the state of Rio de Janeiro, Cláudio Castro was present at Maracanã last Thursday night (20) to watch the duel between Flamengo and Bahia, in the 10th round of the Brazilian Championship. In contact with journalists before the game, the politician guaranteed the support of the State Government to Rubro-Negro in relation to the construction of the stadium in Gasologista.

“The negotiations are being carried out with the City Hall and Caixa Econômica, It is not with the State Government, but from here you will always have full support. We are finalizing the Maracanã concession, which is the equipment that belongs to the State Government. The land negotiated there (Gasologista) belongs to the City Hall and Caixa Econômica. But from the Government of Rio, we always support you”, said Cláudio Castro.


When asked if the Government of Rio de Janeiro would be able to speed up the negotiations, Cláudio Castro revealed that there was no type of contact by Flamengo so far, but he said again that he is open to help.


“So far Flamengo hasn't looked for us, but when they do, any demand that any club in Rio de Janeiro If you have, you will certainly always have our support”, he declared.

Flamengo wants a stadium in the Gasometer

Flamengo defined that the area of ​​the old Gasometer, in the region central Rio de Janeiro, is the ideal place to build your new stadium. The club, under the command of president Rodolfo Landim, is negotiating with Caixa Econômica Federal to purchase the land. The idea is to build a stadium with capacity for 80 thousand fans.

In Cláudio Castro's view, however, Flamengo's new stadium “threatens” Maracanã. Despite guaranteeing support for the club this Thursday, the governor of Rio de Janeiro spoke about this concern in a recent interview, and said that care needs to be taken so that Maraca does not become a white elephant.

“We have a point positive and another negative. I think Rio de Janeiro needs at least one more medium to large stadium. When you do a study, we understand that Maracanã is the stadium that has the most games in the world, so it is clear that Rio needs more sports equipment.

However, we have to be careful so that Maracanã do not become a new Mineirão or Pacaembu, which have become true white elephants. So we need to have a business model that serves us and does not harm Maracanã, which is so important for Rio de Janeiro”, said the governor, in May.


Soccer

WITH ARRASCAETA AND VINA, URUGUAY BEATS CANADA AND TAKES THIRD PLACE IN THE CUP AMERICA

flamengo, latest from fla, fla news, uruguay, copa america

reproduction
reproduction

  |

Icon Comentário0

Without De La Cruz and Varela suspended, Uruguay, eliminated by Colombia, faced Canada in the third place match and drew 2-2. On penalties, deu Celeste, 4 to 3. Viña, investigated by Conmebol for incidents in the stands after the defeat to the Colombians, was again in the starting lineup. Arrascaeta entered the second half in place of Ugarte.

The match was electrifying in the USA. After just six minutes, Bentancur opened the scoring for Uruguay. However, still in the initial stage, Koné equalized and David turned to Canada. However, at the end of the match, 46 minutes into the second half, Luis Suárez left everything the same: 2 to 2.


Overall in the competition, Nicolás de la Cruz played five matches. In other words, he just didn't duel against Canada for the second yellow card. The midfielder was one of Celeste Olímpica's best players in the tournament and provided two assists in the Copa América. Varela remained on the bench throughout the group stage, but came on in the second half against Brazil and Colombia. Against the Colombians, he was sent off.


Uruguayan number 10, Arrascaeta provided an assist in the competition, scored in penalty shootouts against Brazil and Canada and also entered the field against Bolivia, Panama and Colombia. A starter like De La Cruz, left-back Matías Viña played every game and scored a goal and provided an assist.

Uruguay ends its participation in the Copa América and Flamengo will return as a quartet
Uruguay ends its participation in the Copa América and Flamengo will return as a quartet b>

Anyway, Arrascaeta, Nicolás de la Cruz, Matías Viña and Guillermo Varela are back at Flamengo. Without the quartet, Mengão remained in the lead until the defeat to Fortaleza, but after five wins, two draws and two negative results, Rubro-Negro fell to third place.

With the 'reinforcements' , Fla returns to the field to face Criciúma, on the 20th, in Brasília, for the Brasileirão. The ball rolls at 4pm (Brasília time).


Soccer

FLAMENGO DOME HAS EXITS AND PROXIMITY TO ELECTIONS MOVES BEHIND THE CLUB

The board has seen five vice presidents leave their positions in recent weeks.

reproduction
reproduction

  |

Icon Comentário0

Flamengo's presidential election will take place in December, but behind the scenes at the club are already busy. The leadership of Rodolfo Landim's management lost members who will support other groups in the election and new goodbyes could come soon. The current president's group, on the other hand, still estimates it has strength.

Landim announced support for Rodrigo Dunshee in the election. Dunshee is the club's Deputy General and Legal Officer, and accompanied the current president for both terms. The board has seen five vice presidents leave their positions in recent weeks. The farewells were to join Luiz Eduardo Baptista's group, Bap, or Maurício Gomes de Mattos.


There were three farewells to support Bap. Rodrigo Tostes, from Finance, and Marcelo Conti, deputy from the Presidency's Office, left last week, while Paulo Cesar Pereira, deputy from Secretariat, spoke with Landim last Friday night (12). The president indicated that he will take on the role of Finance Vice and nominated Diogo Lemes for the vacancy left by Conti.


The other two departures were for the group of Maurício Gomes de Mattos

One of them was Maurício himself, who was deputy of Embassies and Consulates, and left the board to launch his own candidacy. Adalberto Ribeiro, then vice-president of External Relations, left his position to support Maurício.


The departures did not take the board by surprise, according to people interviewed by UOL. The moves were already expected and other goodbyes are expected. It is understood that there was a union of different aspects around Landim's candidacy, but this alliance no longer appears necessary in the current situation.

The scenario points to the first major rupture since Landim took office , in January 2019. In the corridors, however, there is a positive evaluation. The reading is that, even with exits and formations of alliances that will become rivals in the election, the majority of political groups still support Dunshee — this design brings confidence to the group in the situation in another election. Landim could become a candidate for president of the Deliberative.

The groups that were already opposing the administration are still debating the options

There is a view that many movements could happen behind the scenes, and the scenario is studied before deciding which direction to take. They evaluate their own candidacy or support for a ticket, and calculate that they can take around 500 votes with them.

Ticket registration will take place between September 10th and 30th. The election will take place in the first ten days of December. The identification of plates will no longer be by color, but by number.

< p>


Soccer

FORTUNATELY! CLÁUDIO CASTRO'S UNDER SECRETARY WITHDRAWN FROM ACTION AGAINST THE NEW FLAMENGO STADIUM

After generating a reaction from Mayor Eduardo Paes, lawyer Victor Travancas met with OAB-RJ and decided to backtrack on the process

Eduardo Paes / Disclosure
Eduardo Paes / Disclosure

  |

Icon Comentário0

Victor Travancas, undersecretary of governor Cláudio Castro's (PL) office, withdrew from taking legal action to prevent the expropriation of the Gasometer land, where Flamengo intends to build its stadium. The decision came after the information was released by the Mundo Rubro-Negro website and generated a public reaction from Mayor Eduardo Paes (PSD), who had authorized the process through a municipal decree. In response to the repercussion, Travancas met with members of the OAB-RJ and decided to review his position.

The case came to light on Monday, when Travancas, alleging illegalities in Paes' decree, he asked for its annulment. He had written a letter addressed to other lawyers and members of the Public Ministry, but without pointing out the specific irregularities. Upon learning of the request, Mayor Eduardo Paes spoke out through social media, criticizing the undersecretary's action.



"I doubt that the governor, red-black even The last hair, Cláudio Castro, agrees with this. I'm sure that, if he doesn't retract, this guy will be exonerated", declared Paes. The mayor's public demonstration added pressure to the case, leading Travancas to reconsider his initial position on the issue. elaborating. The withdrawal was formalized in a joint note between him and OAB-RJ, to which the website Mundo Rubro-Negro had access. The president of OAB-RJ, Luciano Bandeira, and the general secretary, Marcos Luiz, presented to the undersecretary details and benefits of the stadium construction project for the city's Port Zone.



"After the meeting, the lawyer committed not to prosecute the issue, which would delay the revitalization of the area and the consequent economic increase. [...] OAB/RJ is always committed to contributing to actions that bring development to the state of Rio de Janeiro and bring improvements to the lives of the population, agendas also defended by the project to build the new stadium of the Clube de Regatas do Flamengo", stated the note.
Travancas was not exonerated. The expropriation of the Gasometer land is supported by the governor himself, who is a Flamengo fan. In a video on social media, the lawyer explained his change of decision, mentioning the presentation of the project and its benefits by OAB-RJ as decisive factors.


"Me They called me to talk about the process I was studying, about this decree by Mayor Eduardo Paes. They presented me with the stadium project, which the OAB is supporting, since, according to them, it would bring great benefits to that region, for a long time. abandoned", explained Travancas. He also highlighted Flamengo's commitment to social projects in the area, thus justifying his withdrawal from judicializing the issue.


"In light of this advice, I committed myself, together with the OAB, not to carry out lawsuits against this stadium, precisely so as not to hinder these social projects, or delay the start of this great project that Flamengo would be carrying out", concluded Travancas.


envelopeSUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

envelopeSUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER


+ news
Soccer

BEST MOMENTS | FLAMENGO 3x2 BOTAFOGO | FILIPE LUÍS’ TACTICAL KNOT IN THE HEROIC TURN RACE UNDER 20

 

Icon Comentário0
Soccer

FLAMENGO 3X2 BOTAFOGO- BRAZILIAN U20

 

Icon Comentário0
Soccer

CLAUDINHO FINALLY TALKS ABOUT HIS GOING TO FLAMENGO AFTER WINNING THE TITLE IN RUSSIA

 

Icon Comentário0