
Soccer
Flamengo reopens negotiations to renew midfielder's contract until 2028
29 Ago 2025 | 17:29
Soccer
02 Set 2024 | 10:34 |
In an intense match full of confusion, Flamengo was defeated 2-1 by Corinthians at the Neo Química Arena last Sunday (1). Wesley, who was at the center of a widespread fight at the end of the game, criticized the way the opponents acted.
Corinthians entered the field determined, as had been promised by its technical committee, board and players to the throughout the week. Treating the confrontation against Flamengo as a true final, the São Paulo team played with great intensity, which at several moments bordered on excessive. Upon leaving the stadium, Wesley was seen limping and, when asked about a possible injury, he spared no criticism of the Corinthians players: "The guys are crazy, man", said the full-back.
Wesley was the target of a harsh challenge from Yuri Alberto in the 50th minute of the second half, which resulted in the attacker being sent off. After the play, widespread confusion took over the field, leading to the expulsion of Alcaraz, for Flamengo, and Cacá, for Corinthians.
Flamengo player reveals who started the confusion
According to defender Fabrício Bruno, the confusion caused by Yuri Alberto's entry into Wesley in second-half stoppage time was caused by another Corinthians player, who was not even warned.
Although Wesley went to confront Yuri after the foul, the fight intensified due to the uncontrolled reaction of the Corinthians players when trying to resolve the situation. Fabrício Bruno commented on the incident and criticized the refereeing, stating that the player who threw the first punch did not even receive a yellow card. "It's unbelievable, the first guy who throws the punch doesn't even get a yellow card. These things always happen. In a classic like this, you need better refereeing", said the defender.
Recently signed by Mengão, the player is part of Néstor Lorenzo's squad for the decisive games against Bolivia and Venezuela, which will determine the team's future.
29 Ago 2025 | 20:00 |
Newly arrived at Flamengo, midfielder Jorge Carrascal was called up by the Colombian national team for the last two rounds of the South American World Cup Qualifiers. The list was released this Friday (29) by the Colombian Football Federation and coach Néstor Lorenzo.
Besides Carrascal, only one other Brazilian soccer player was called up: Bahia's Santiago Arias. In total, the 26 players called up are spread across 12 different countries , reinforcing the Colombian national team's international reach.
The Colombian national team will play its final two qualifiers in September. On the 4th, it faces Bolivia in Barranquilla. Next, it travels to face Venezuela at the Monumental Stadium in Maturín.
Currently in 6th place with 22 points, Colombia holds the final spot for direct qualification to the World Cup . The outlook is balanced: a string of victories could vault them into the top spots, but slip-ups could prove costly , as Venezuela (18 points) and Bolivia (17 points) still dream of qualifying.
Unlike Brazil, which has already secured its spot and is using the final matches as a time for coach Carlo Ancelotti's observations, Colombia is playing for its future participation in the World Cup. If it doesn't win, it could finish in 7th place , a position that only qualifies for the intercontinental playoff organized by FIFA .
The number 10 of the Most Beloved received a gift at Ninho do Urubu after reaching 78 assists in the Brazilian Championship, surpassing historic names such as Pelé and Zico
29 Ago 2025 | 17:56 |
In addition to the youngsters revealed at the base, Uruguayan Giorgian De Arrascaeta was also honored this Friday (29) at Ninho do Urubu. The midfielder reached a historic mark by becoming the player with the most assists in the history of the Brazilian Championship, surpassing established idols of national football.
Currently with 78 assists, the number 10 surpassed stars like Marcelinho Carioca, Edmundo, Dudu, Pelé, Zico, and Éverton Ribeiro. For this achievement, he received a commemorative plaque from football director José Boto, in recognition of his career and impact on Brazilian football. Of his total, 60 assists were for Cruzeiro , while another 18 were recorded for Cruzeiro between 2015 and 2018.
This season, Arrascaeta has played 41 matches, scored 16 goals, and provided 13 assists. Since joining the Rio de Janeiro club, only in 2021 has he failed to reach double figures in both goals and assists. So far, he has 102 assists in all competitions for the red-and-black team.
Flamengo has resumed negotiations with midfielder Giorgian de Arrascaeta to extend his contract, currently valid until December 2026. The club intends to ensure the continuity of one of the most decisive athletes in the squad , a central piece in recent achievements.
The next commitment will be this Sunday (1), at 4 pm, against Grêmio, at Maracanã , for the 22nd round of the Brasileirão. The Uruguayan will have another opportunity to further increase the numbers that already place him in the history of the tournament and reinforce his weight in the Mengão squad.
After being cleared of misconduct charges by the English FA, the midfielder has once again attracted interest in the European market. West Ham's millionaire value
29 Ago 2025 | 17:40 |
Tottenham, Crystal Palace, and Manchester City are monitoring the situation of Lucas Paquetá, a West Ham standout and highly valued player in English football. The move comes shortly after the player was acquitted of misconduct charges involving sports betting.
The London club, however, has no intention of facilitating the midfielder's departure and has set a price of £60 to £70 million to release him . This figure is considered out of reach for most clubs at the moment, which could hinder any concrete approach.
At the start of the current season, Paquetá was offered a transfer to Flamengo through his representatives. At the time, West Ham was asking for around £30 million, but negotiations stalled due to the ongoing legal process . Today, the situation is different, as the player has established himself as one of the key players in the English squad.
A possible return to Rio de Janeiro football could have been considered in a different context, but the club has already strengthened its squad with Samuel Lino, Samu, and Emerson Royal, which reduces the immediate need to invest in another midfielder . Even so, it's not ruled out that there may be room for a rapprochement at some point in the future.
Despite the obstacles, the desire of both parties remains alive. Paquetá has expressed his affection and desire to wear the red-and-black jersey again on other occasions , while the club also dreams of having the athlete back. For now, it's a distant possibility, but not ruled out.